Bug?

• I tried this example in MacOS Desktop, and I saw these black squares around the arrows?
    HTML works as it should. I haven't had opportunity to try other platforms yet.
    Maybe someone could try this on Windows Desktop and see if they get the same black squares?

[attach]624._xfImport[/ATTACH]

• On my mac mini, running OSX 10.14.5 HTML5 and Desktop look the same. No black boxes.

• That's weird I'm on a macOS Mojave 10.14.5 as well (MacBook 2015 Air 8GB).

• A third time gives a third result. This one should give a clue for someone I hope. You can see letters very clearly.
    It is as if the arrows are drawn on some residue each time instead of on top of a clear canvas.

I might add that Mojo2 always works great otherwise. It's just this example that behaves like this.

[attach]626._xfImport[/ATTACH]

• This fixed it.

• @MikeHart @rickychus
    Thanks for validating!

Wonder if it is graphiccard-specific then? I got a Intel HD 6000 (Mid 2015 MacBook Air).
    I had this demo for a while and.I can add that I've never seen this error on other machines or under Monkey-X.

• [QUOTE="RaspberryDJ, post: 6081, member: 401"]
    Wonder if it is graphiccard-specific then? I got a Intel HD 6000 (Mid 2015 MacBook Air).
    [/QUOTE]
    Good morning. Guess what, I got this weird behaviour now too.

[attach]629._xfImport[/ATTACH]

And the image below the arrow is the logo from the help pages. So the memory of the image is already preloaded with something.
    Without clearing it, it will draw whatever it finds.

• Hello,
    My Netbook has an intel atom N2600 (2012), graphics GMA 3600. Pretty old compared to what there is now. It works well in this PC on Linux.
    Mike made the error happen on his PC, But in mine it does not happen.
    Maybe it's the way the OS manages the graphic memory?
    Regards R.-

• [QUOTE="rickychus, post: 6085, member: 81"]
    Maybe it's the way the OS manages the graphic memory?
    [/QUOTE]

I think that is exactly what is happening here. OSX is doing it differently. And I am not tempted to dig into this. Sooner or later I will have to look into implementing Metal for Apple's platforms and then we will see how it is behaving.

• I'm certain that this bug came around when Mark made Monkey 87a. It will always work in 86e, for you who have Monkey-X 86e you can try it yourself. On all hardware and OS I own it works.

In version 87a it went unstable like above. Mojo2 also became slower.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!